Census records are among the first documents sought when doing genealogy research. Here is how to create the source citation for a census record found on Ancestry.com.
2. Location (county & state)
3. Schedule (population, agricultural, etc.)
4. City, town or township
6. Household information (dwelling and family number)
8. Format (for Ancestry-digital image)
9. Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com)
10. Date accessed
Example: 1860 U.S census, Boone County, Indiana, population schedule, Sugar Creek Township, p. 108, dwelling 786, family 766, William Merony; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : 5 May 2017); citing NARA microfilm publication M653, roll 245.